Prior to drafting any contract for goods or services, the responsible party or the decedent’s survivor who is handling the funeral arrangements is entitled to receive a copy of any preneed agreement in the possession of the funeral establishment that has been signed and paid for, in full or in part, by or on behalf of the decedent.
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items that you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected. “The survivor of the deceased who is handling the funeral arrangements, or the responsible party, is entitled to receive, prior to the drafting of any contract, a copy of any agreement that has been signed and paid for, in full or in part, by or on behalf of the deceased, and that is in possession of the funeral establishment.”
INITIAL SERVICES OF THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR:
This fee for our basic services and overhead will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select.
(This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremations, immediate burials, and forwarding or receiving remains.)
This fee includes the following:
▪ Arrangement conference
▪ Clerical assistance in the completion of various forms associated with a funeral
▪ Coordinating service plans with cemetery, crematory, and/or other parties involved in the final disposition of the deceased
▪ Securing and recording the death certificate and disposition permit
PREPARATION OF THE BODY:
(Except in certain special cases, law does not require embalming. Embalming may be necessary, however, if youselect certain funeral arrangements, such as funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you usually have theright to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it, such as direct cremation or immediate burial.)
▪ Autopsy Repair
• Refrigeration (California law requires refrigeration of a not embalmed body after 24 hours; after 7th day of delivery tofuneral home, charges will be @ $95.00 per day)
▪ Bathing and handling; dressing, casketing and/or cosmetizing of the embalmed deceased
▪ Bathing and handling, dressing of unembalmed remains (Some restrictions apply; ask funeral director for details, no cosmetics)
▪ Hair Dying
▪ Limited witness of cremation (without formal services)
▪ Removal and Hazard Waste Disposal for any type of pacemaker or other radioactive device
DIRECTING SERVICES AND USE OF EQUIPMENT:
▪ Directing Services for Viewing/Visitation at CFA or Outside Facilities (1-3 hrs. viewing). (Our services include set-up ofvisitation area, display of floral tributes, supervision and attendance during visitation). (Additional hours, $25.00 perquarter hour)
▪ Directing Funeral Services at CFA or Outside Facilities. (Our services include coordinating the arrangements and.supervision of services, display floral tributes and staff to assist with ceremony.)
▪ Directing Memorial Services at CFA or Outside Facilities. (Our services include coordinating the arrangements andsupervision of services, display floral tributes and staff to assist with ceremony.)
▪ Directing Graveside Service. (Our services includes equipment needed for ceremony, accompaniment of remains to cemetery, supervision of service, display of floral tributes and staff to assist with service.)
▪ ID Viewing at CFA (MAX. 20 persons – family members only)
Includes: Remains shrouded, no dress/cosmetizing, ½ hr. Viewing - Additional time: ($25.00 per quarter hour)
▪ Directing weekend services, Saturday/Sunday (In addition to above charges)
***Transfer of deceased from place of death to mortuary (within 25-mile radius)
Additional distance will be charged at $3.00 per mile one way.
▪ Hearse, Traditional (5 hours)
Additional hours will be charged at $95.00 per hour.
▪ Flower vehicle (within 25-mile radius)
Additional distance will be charged at $3.00 per mile
▪ Escorts (Motorcade) Required in Processions
$50.00 per escort on Weekends
▪ Transfer to or from San Diego Lindbergh Airport
▪ Transfer to Riverside National Cemetery (Riverside County)
▪ Transfer to or from John Wayne or Ontario Airports (Orange County)
▪ Transfer to or from Los Angeles International Airport (Los Angeles County)
FORWARDING OF REMAINS TO ANOTHER FUNERAL HOME:
▪ This charge includes removal of remains, initial services of staff, necessary authorizations, embalming, transport to San Diego Airport,transit permit and shipping container, continental U.S.- only. This charge does not include local ceremonies, casket, death certificates or airlines shipping charges.
RECEIVING REMAINS FROM ANOTHER FUNERAL HOME:
▪ This charge includes initial services of staff; transportation from airport; transportation by alternative vehicle to a cemetery within a 25-mile radius (Additional distance will be charged at $3.00 per mile), immediate burial. This charge does not include rites, ceremony, visitation, funeral ceremonies, disposition permit.
$1,045.00 - $6,040.00
▪ If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials (with or without an outside covering). We offer a selection of two alternative containers, including containers made of fiberboard, other composition materials. (Use of alternative container requires additional cremation fees of $150.00 in addition to the cost of the alternative container, see casket price list.)
▪ Charge for direct cremations (w/o ceremony) includes: Removal of remains, transportation to crematory, refrigeration, initial services of staff, cremation fee, and cardboard container (as required by statute).
▪ If the deceased weighs more than 299lbs., there are extra crematory fees
▪ Includes: Removal of remains, transportation to cemetery (within SD Cty.), refrigeration and casketing of remainsand initial services of staff.
▪ Does not include: State tax, cash advances, disposition permit, any rites or ceremonies at the graveside or elsewhere.
▪ Immediate burial with container provided by the purchaser (all such containers must meet any applicable state orcemetery requirements.)
▪ Immediate burial with CFA minimum casket (See Casket Price List)
▪ Immediate burial with casket purchased from our funeral home (In addition to cost of casket.)
INFANT PACKAGE PRICES:
▪ Burial - Age 10 Years & Younger 50% off adult service fees (exception: embalming).
▪ Burial - Age: Fetal to 1 Month - Arrangement conference, Transfer of remains to mortuary, Refrigeration, Graveside Service,Arrangements with cemetery & clergy, Delivery of casket to cemetery, Staff during service, Cloth covered casket, Memorialbook, (no viewing/embalming included), Permit, (Vaulted Casket - Special Order $150.00)
▪ Cremation - Arrangement conference, Transfer of remains to mortuary, Refrigeration, Permit.
Age: Fetal to 1 Year Old
Age: 1 to 10 years Old
FUNERAL MERCHANDISE AND OTHER SERVICES:
(A complete price list will be provided at the funeral office)
$695.00 - $4,995.00
$225.00 - $1,395.00
▪ Memorial Books
$50.00 - $75.00
▪ Service Folders/Prayer Cards (100), Standard Verses fee
Non-standard verse setup fee
▪ Additional Cards (100), Standard Verses
▪ Thank you Cards and envelopes (per 25)
▪ Envelopes-only (per 25)
▪ Crucifix (10”)
▪ Faxing and Recording Fees
▪ Cremation in alternative container/or casket
$205.00 - $355.00
▪ Scattering of Cremains at Sea (San Diego County)
▪ Pick up Certified Copies of Death Certificate San Diego County
▪ Deliver Cremated Remains in San Diego County
▪ Mailing Cremains in Minimum Container....USPS Priority Express Mail Only
$125.00 - $150.00
▪ Mailing Certified Copies of Death Certificate ....USPS Priority Mail Only
▪ Refile San Diego County Permit within 12 Months
▪ Insurance Assignments, Processing fees (CFA Beneficiary only)
▪ Insufficient Funds Fee
**Use of Back Parking Court – Cleaning Deposit
**No food or beverages allowed in CFA facilities unless pre-approved by funeral director/counselor.
California State law requires: Application and Permit for Disposition of Human Remains in the County where death occurred($12.00 per permit in SD Cty.); Certified Copies of Death Certificate ($21.00 ea.); CA Sales Tax (7.75%) Medical Examiner fees ($280.00);CA Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) fee ($8.50); Fetal Certified Copies of Death Certificate ($18.00).